Re: gnuherds.org domain name account executives -- as Admin

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: gnuherds.org domain name account executives -- as Admin
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 23:44:40 +0100

neal.coombes wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > Nicodemo, setting you as Admin you will be able to:
> >
> > * Read
> > * Contacts
> > * Nameservers
> > * Auto Renew
> > * Cancel
> > * Hosts
> > * Domain Forwarding
> >
> > We are limited by the functionality goddady offer us.
> > Just you can not delete the Neal access to the management console, but
> > he can delete you.
> >
> > IMHO it can be an approximation which can work for us, at least for now.
> >
> > As usual, let this mailing list know any disagreement, etc.
>
> I'm not sure I'm reading this email correctly... Is it saying that Nicodemo
> can do everything necessary to administer the gnuherds domain except cancel
> my access?

Yes, it says it.

> (which I hope isn't actually necessary to administer the gnuherds domain)
No, canceling your access is not needed.

> Or is there some other administration functionality that is missing?

No, just that, full Admin power over the gnuherds.org domain name.

It was exposed at [1] that GNU Herds needs several account executives with
full control over the gnuherds.org domain name.  So the project avoid only
one guy having too much control over it [2].

  Control over the gnuherds.org domain name:
    * Neal
    * Nicodemo (pending to complete)

 [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2008-11/msg00026.html
 [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2008-11/msg00021.html

See [3] and [4] too.

 [3] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2008-11/msg00024.html
 [4] http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=198

Therefore IMHO, the Nicodemo's role should be "Admin" being able to assume all
defined roles for the gnuherds.org domain name.