Re: gnuherds.org domain name account executives

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: gnuherds.org domain name account executives
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:45:36 -0500

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> It was exposed at [1] that GNU Herds needs an account executive with full
> control over the gnuherds.org domain name.  So the project avoid only one guy
> having too much control over it [2].

I did not see account executive written in any of those e-mails.

Full control to me has a double meaning. The first meaning would be
the original person who assigns the account executive and has every
ability that an account executive could have and they can remove any
account executive, but the account executive cannot remove them. In
the second sense, Godaddy allows "roles" assigned to an individual
which maintain a domain as I listed in the previous e-mail. In first
sense, I know I do not have full control as I am the account
executive. In the second sense I was never officially told if I do or
not.

So when some one says "avoid only one guy having too much control over
it" this says to me you mean the second sense, where someone
distributes the power so that they are not overburdened when a task
comes by.

> Therefore IMHO, your role should be "Admin" being able to assume all defined
> roles for the gnuherds.org domain name.

It sounds like the second sense, again. I think it may be better to
have a public announcement on exactly what those are.

--
Nicodemo