Re: micro-donations and micro-payments

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: micro-donations and micro-payments
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:28:49 +0200

The task we want to accomplish is:

  a mechanism without fees to do micro donations and payments between GNU
  Herds users, and allow them to get donations from non-GNU_Herds users.

I attach you an image which tries to depict it.

You could take a first look at the idea at [2]:
  [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2008-03/msg00019.html

Saugata Roy wrote:
> Currently I work on JSP/ORACLE. I've done a few projects in PHP/MySQL and
> ASP/MSSQL as well. You may visit the following site which was developed by
> me - www.telegraphindia.com , www.telegraphindia.com/wap (WAP version).

It looks great!

You should follow the steps exposed at [1] to install the development
environment on a GNU/Linux system.  If you do not have a GNU/Linux machine
you could install it on a virtual machine.

  [1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155

I will help you to understand the source code, etc. We do not expect quick
replies from you. A delay on replies of one week or even two months would be
OK for us.

Ask for anything you need!

We contribute slowly, at our own pace; 1 hour one weekend, 30 minutes the next
week, 0 hours the next month, ...  :-)

We communicate via this email list, adding 'To' or 'CC' to it.

> About the donation method I'd prefer the first option i.e. a donation of
> 100 EUR per installment through bank transfer.

It is OK.

Of course feel free to comment anything!

Best regards,
Davi