Re: CV upload or wiki style section on user technical skills --vs-- impo

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: CV upload or wiki style section on user technical skills --vs-- import/export
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 04:22:58 +0100

Chris McGinlay wrote:
> Be able to include some free text prose about myself.
>
> Headings like 'Careers Goals', 'Hobbies' etc. add important information
> about people.

IMHO it could be better add specific fields to keep that values. Anyhow I have
added a new task to analyze such idea:

  task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7638

> Following on from that, it might be worth including a wiki-style field
> where users can add this kind of information about themselves.

IMHO it could be better add specific fields to keep that values. Anyway I have
added a new task to analyze the idea:

  task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7639

> This begins to look a bit like a traditional Curriculum Vitae (CV) or
> resumé. How about a file upload field. Open document text files would seem
> like the optimal file format (.odt)

Why duplicate information?  IMHO we should use just an .odt to keep anything
or a webapp with forms to keep any field-data, as we have now.  Anyhow I have
added a new task to analyze this idea:

  task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7640

> Any thoughts?

RMS do not like free-to-fill fields in the Qualifications and JobOffers forms.
Read [1], [2], [3]. Adding more could delay the moving of the project to the
FSF hosts.

 [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2006-09/msg00007.html
 [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2006-09/msg00013.html
 [3] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2006-10/msg00001.html

Anyway we can take a short talk about this with RMS again after we move the
project to the FSF hosts. So I have added such tasks as postponed.

IMHO, what could be interesting is the import/export feature exposed by
Victor.  See the below task:
  task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6842