Re: the Free Software definition

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: the Free Software definition
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:10:10 +0200

John Darrington wrote:
> "criteria" is plural, so this should read  "Which criteria are applied".

Fixed.

> > For a program, follow the Free Software link to know the criterion.
>
> "criterion" however is singular, but there's more than one. So this
> should also read "criteria".

Fixed.

> Instead of saying "follow the Free Software link", why not paste
> the text into the answer?

It is very long. It is the Free Software definition

I have replaced
    "follow the Free Software link"
with
    "read the Free Software definition"

> Or, if the link is a reliable one, put a hyperlink in the answer.

Yes, the link is reliable.  I have added the link.

Additionally I have added the Java and .NET cases, so as to readers can know
how such criteria work.

As usual I do not like my wording. Let me know about any mistake, improvement,
etc.

  http://gnuherds.org/faq