Re: GNU GPLv3 -- the "ASP Loophole"

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: GNU GPLv3 -- the "ASP Loophole"
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:21:08 +0200 (CEST)

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> The GPLv3 will be officially released the next 29th!
>
> So, what about to switch to this license?

It seams the Affero-like protection which was present at the GPL v3
draft 2 has been removed from the GPL v3 draft 3.

Please, read this email thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-06/msg00004.html and
reply if you disagree.

About the "ASP Loophole" you can read this article,
  http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/bpi/?p=501
It is not too much good, but it exposes the problem.

I personally think we have to avoid a "fork, lock and expand".

The GNU Herds project has now exactly 90 registered entities.

Maybe I am mistaken. Let me know any disagreement, comment, etc. We will
do what is best for the project to work out.

Best regards,
Davi