gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] A note on concurrent updates using postgres

From: Johannes Vetter
Subject: [GNUe-dev] A note on concurrent updates using postgres
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 20:15:16 +0100

Hi,

As I've found out yesterday there's a big difference in using either
'psycopg' or 'pygresql' driver for postgres-backends.

Having two concurrent sessions (using transaction isolation level
'serializable') both updating the same record but changing different
fields.

This does *not* work with psycopg, but works very well with 'pygresql'.
I haven't tested other backends or drivers yet. Maybe someone else can
do this and let us know about ...

Thanks,
Johannes
--
BYTEWISE Software GmbH          Tel +43 (5577) 89877-0
i.A. Johannes Vetter            Fax +43 (5577) 89877-66