gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] Appserver questions

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: [Gnue-dev] Appserver questions
Date: 04 Jan 2003 20:31:56 +0100

Hello, Jan (and others)

I have some minor questions about appserver:

* I propose to use the prefix "gnue_" for all Appserver-internal columns
and tables in the database, which would also mean that we use "gnue_id"
for the objectid field in the database. What would you think?

* You seem to be a bit swamped currently, so I hope you don't mind that
I continue with the new API implementation (on a very basic level, just
to make all defined functions work like documented). I need that to be
able to continue with the language interface.

* In my notes we have called the function to destroy business objects
"remove", in your code you have called it "delete". Which one should we
take?

* Is there a reason for keeping the old API parallel to the new one in
CVS?  If not, we could remove some of the functions in geas*.py as well
as rename some other functions for internal consistency.

* There is some code related to business object procedure calls in
appserver, which seems to me to be debugging code. Some of it even emits
German messages :-)
If you find the time, could you remove all unneeded debugging code?  I
don't want to do it myself, as I don't know what is for debugging and
what is for real :-)

Thanks,
Reinhard

--