gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] GNUe-Integrator

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: [Gnue-dev] GNUe-Integrator
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:58:20 +0100

Hello,

I want to discuss GNUe integrator, because I probably will need it soon.

IMHO the proposal just speaks of integrator as a program which moves data
from one kind of database schema into another, but IMHO GNUe integrator
should be able to do more. F.e. read data from a flat file, or all other
kind of "data sources" in a broader sense. Please comment, which stuff
integrator should/could do and which it definitly should not do.

* import data from databases
* export data to databases
* modify data in a rule engine
* keep two tables in different databases in sync
* export data to different formats (flat file, csv file, ...,)
* load data from different formats (flat file, csv, XML ....)
* load data from a logfile (always just load the new added part)

Jan