gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Unicode + wxPython

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Unicode + wxPython
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:14:41 +0200

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:35:57AM -0700, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> But HEY, pygtk2 is much much faster than wxPython, at
> least startup is. It works on windows too (but without
> ligaturing, last I'd seen). So what's with wxPython?

I've tried to use the pyGTK UIDriver with the latest cvs
version of forms and found out that it needs to be changed
at many points to get it working.

But anyway, I think it is great to have a bit more choice
of UIDrivers. And I really need UTF8 output and Xinput for
forms, so I will try to help to get that pyGTK driver running.

Jan