Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2009-06-11

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2009-06-11
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:02:09 -0400

On Friday 12 June 2009, Nicolás Barabino wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem compiling the bsim plugins in an
> intel based mac, using apple's gcc. The problem arises while
> trying to use g++ whith "-shared", which is not supported by
> apple's gcc. I think the solution is to use "-dynamiclib"
> instead of "-shared" but i haven't found the right way yet.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
> Regads
> Nico

Sorry about the delay in responding.

I don't know the answer.  Maybe someone else can step in.  The
plan is to use "libtool" to automatically handle things like
this.  Someone is working on this, but I don't know the status.

There is also a question about the use of the function "dlopen"
which complies with the POSIX standard, but some systems do not
provide compliant libraries.  I don't know where the mac stands
on this.