Re: [Gnucap-devel] Autotools build system

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Autotools build system
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:18:58 -0400 (EDT)

Alright, task is on me to make autogen.sh happy again.  :)

Al,
        Try this updated patch against your 2009-06-11 snapshot.

PatchLog: (in addition to previous description)
autogen.sh:
        regenerate in libltdl subdir for consistency
        direct it to use config files in parent (root) dir
configure.ac:
        libtool section, one for libtool-2.x, other for 1.5.x (commented out)
        removed AM_MAINTAINER_MODE (recommended) to allow make to
                auto-regen when autotool sources are updated.
Makefile.am:
        ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS points to m4 macros in libltdl's subdir
src/Makefile.am:
        split out MODELHDRS in case we want to install them in the future

Same procedure after patching:
autogen.sh
configure-from-somwehere
make
make distcheck

This 'version' of gnucap again has no model plug-ins pre-loaded, you should either "attach gnucapbasemodels.so" or "dlopen gnucapbasemodels" before gnucap becomes useful.

Let me know how this goes!

Fang

David Fang
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/