[Gnucap-devel] PSS analysis

From: henrik johansson
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] PSS analysis
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:33:54 +0200

Hi Al,

I'm trying to find a solution to how to set the initial condition for
inner transient analysis. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it
impossible to calculate the state-transition function Phi(v0, 0, T)
and the jacobian of it Jphi with NA since the full-state of the
circuit is not captured by the voltage vector. Using MNA the vector of
node voltages and currents through inductors represents the state of
the circuit.

It would be possible to probe the current of all inductors and then
calculate the MNA matrix and LU-factor it for each timestep and then
use that to calculate the state-transition Jacobian. But it would be a
pity to not use the NA Jacobian. But I don't know how to handle this
for spice-devices.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Henrik