[Gnucap-devel] Re: gEDA: GTKWave release 2.0.0pre3

From: Al Davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Re: gEDA: GTKWave release 2.0.0pre3
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:05:41 -0700

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 05:23 am, Andrew Bardsley wrote:
> 2003 will be the year of the analogue trace. ?I really want to
> get analogue traces/formatted values (enums...) working as
> these would be useful to my uses of the tool. ?Suggestions
> please.

How about making it work with gnucap?

This is a GPL mixed-signal simulator being developed.  As of now, it
desperately needs graphic display.

Some other responses suggested support for the files from Cadence and
Synopsys tools.  I think it is better to give precedence to the other free
tools, and let the commercial ones take care of themselves.

The gnucap file format is a simple table of numbers.  There is a line of
column labels, one for each column.  Then every line following is a data
point, with column 0 the independent variable (time, frequency, etc).
Following columns are data at the probes listed in the first line.  It is
human readable, compatible with gnuplot, with spreadsheets, etc.

If people think other formats need support, they should write a translator.

What I would really like to see is the ability to run gnucap and gtkwave
together, seemlessly.