gnuastro-devel

[task #15676] Calculating SIP to TPV coversions

From: Sachin Kumar Singh
Subject: [task #15676] Calculating SIP to TPV coversions
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 08:28:13 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #9, task #15676 (project gnuastro):

Hi Raul,
Thanks for testing. Yes, it is still a limitation in the current
implementation that we cannot entirely rely on wcs information only and it
requires original data of the wcs header.

The reason it works for python is that they simply scrape all the info
required from the header itself and hence their results are complaint.

But in our implementation, we extract some of the information(particularly the
CD matrix) from the data and so it is required that the original data is
available for calculation. It is entirely possible that when you injected the
header with some other fits file without header, the program extracted some
false information and is thus showing these absurd results.

If you can try again with a fits file with its original header and then give
out results, it'd be very helpful. Thanks again:-)

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15676>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/