gnu3dkit-discuss

[Gnu3dkit-discuss] DrawElements faster than DrawArrays

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] DrawElements faster than DrawArrays
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:26:13 -0400

Hi,

I posted a question on the iDevGames forums about vertex submission paths and relative speed, and was surprised to learn that (on Macs at least) glDrawElements() is notably faster (5-7%) than glDrawArrays() in most systems. I was wondering if this is the case on other platforms where G3DKit is being used, and if it would thus be worth producing an indexed-array geometryBackend class. I suppose it would be an additional subclass of the new G3DGeometryBackend class.

Cheers,

Brent
--
Inkubator: creating free, open source Mac games.
http://inkubator.idevgames.com - homepage