gnu-system-discuss

Re: DMD / Pies

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: DMD / Pies
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 20:21:49 -0300

Hi there,

I think Pies is a framework to the init system; it can act as a complement and as service supervisor to the PID1 (for critical services).

El 2019-11-15 20:12, Svante Signell escribió:
Hi Sergey,

If not being a replacement of sysvinit/openrc/shepherd/etc/ being PID1,
how does your tool fit in, like s6, runit, ?

And don't elaborate about systemd, please

It is not mentioned at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Init

Thanks

On Fri, 2019-11-15 at 14:52 +0200, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
Alexandre =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Garreau <address@hidden
> ha escrit:

> Since I recently heard from ams you did make DMD with him,

I'm not sure what you mean by DMD?

> Jean Louis you also made Pies, which may be used as init system…

Indeed it may, although that's not its primary use. Pies is a
general-purpose process invocation and execution supervisor.  You can
get detailed info at

  http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/software/pies

Regards,
Sergey