gnu-system-discuss

Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the

From: Eric Bavier
Subject: Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the linux kernel is going.
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 23:09:12 -0500 (EST)

----- On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:37 PM,  address@hidden wrote:
>> shepherd
> You will have to advertise that. Most users are under the impression the
> Guix is a systemd distribution.

In my 5 years of hacking on Guix, this is the first time I've heard someone try
to draw a connection between Guix and systemd.  The Guix manual in the
"Services" section says that services are managed by GNU Shepherd.  The only
mention of systemd in the manual is in relation to controlling guix-daemon when
using Guix on a foreign distro, e.g.: "If your host distro uses the systemd
init system...".

--
`~Eric