gnu-system-discuss

Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the linux kernel is going.
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 16:36:12 +0530

* Alexander Vdolainen <address@hidden> [2019-11-13 16:08]:
> > Minix was made by Professor Tannenbaum. Minix 2.0 worked well and I
> > remember using it. Now there is Minix 3 as full operating system.
> And the most successful use is (unfortunately) intel ME.

That is unfortunate use case. Would Minix be published under copyleft
license, that would not be possible. At least we would know what is
really inside of the CPU.

That is why each free software user and politician shall vouch and
foster copyleft licenses.

> > We shall not underestimate the willpower of human beings.
> Thank for that, it drives me a little bit.

It is time to make fully free FSF endorsed GNU/Hurd
distribution.

Jean