gnu-system-discuss

Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? - FDE Crypto

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? - FDE Crypto
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 09:37:28 +0100

* Florian Weimer <address@hidden> [2019-11-05 09:08]:
> * nipponmail:
>
> > Getting GNU/Linux onto a laptop these days is quite the difficulty if
> > you don't know what you're doing because of Secure Boot. It's not a plug
> > and play thing like once it was. Probably discourages alot of users.
>
> Sure, and that was totally predictable.  But what can we do when
> *everyone*, including the FSF, supports Secure Boot?

It is unclear what you mean with "FSF supports Secure Boot" as FSF is
doing campaign on the subject of Restricted Boot.

Please see the campaign to petition computer makers:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement/stand-up-for-your-freedom-to-install-free-software

Official position of FSF on the Restricted Boot is here:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/whitepaper-web

Join and sign the statement against Restricted Boot:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/

Jean