gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] servers which push random code to clients

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] servers which push random code to clients
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 21:57:41 +0300

* bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> [2021-04-14 19:27]:
> wireshark would probably not be helpful - the data exchange is
> probably encrypted - most likely, the client would need to be
> modified to expose the data, between the decoding and the
> processing engine (if one even exists)

Which is exactly the good reason why that is good to be done. Yes, the
client may need to be modified to expose data, that is what we want,
as to find out what is going on.

> smalltalk devs were experimenting with this in the 70s,
> transferring code and execution states across machines - today,
> dynamic server control of client behavior, is fully ingrained
> into the javascript culture - now that the javascript beast has
> escaped its web-browser cage, it is a general concern for libre
> distro maintainers

I am welcoming this opinion. The work in preparing distributions
becomes harder and harder.

> so, i am mainly looking for a general prescription, not only for
> the sake of any one application

Thank you, that is very great to hear.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns