gnowsys-help

Re: [Gnowsys-help] Regarding Project Details(Distribution of Software)

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: Re: [Gnowsys-help] Regarding Project Details(Distribution of Software)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:43:53 +0530

On 8/30/07, ashita nair <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I am Ashita Nair from SAKEC,I would like to have some information about
the RPM & DEB Packages and their conversions from one type to the other
in a simple language and also if possible  guide me on other topics required
to be learned for the project: Distribution of Software.
And also please let us know if the project would require a Front End Application, and if yes ,which application should be used as front end.

all web based frontend for our project will use Plone, zpt. So the instructions that I had sent earlier in this list in response to the other queries will apply to your project also.

practice the api of dpkg and apt based programs, and shell scripting and python scripting are essential.  http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-pkg_basics.en.html , and the documentation of the distro in general will be very useful.

learn how to get file listings of a given directory recursively, learn how to calculate md5sum of files, and of course the regular gnowQL.

After I return I will call the group so that we can create a road map for the project.

Nagarjuna