Re: unable to retrieve listed messages

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: unable to retrieve listed messages
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:05:11 +0200

2013/9/22 Noel Butler

> This would assume that gnokii got the other messages, but it did not, so
> using this, I would lose the messages

you're right, I didn't understand

> I did look at smsd years ago, If we had a large volume inbound I certainly
> would use it, but is overkill for our situation I think.

smsd can work without a database using the file module which calls a
program of your choice for every SMS arrived, but I don't know how it
behaves with compressed SMS, you can find the details in the man page
and some examples here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/tree/smsd/examples

--
Daniele Forsi