Re: Patch for better Samsung B2100 support

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Patch for better Samsung B2100 support
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:46:33 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 14:58, grunge <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've enhanced the patch to add support for writephonebook on this phone.
> Had to introduce new write_unencoded_number and write_unencoded_name
> driver flags for this as the phone retuns encoded number on read but
> needs both number and name to be written unencoded.

Can you please show some dumps from the communication with the phone?

Quite frankly I'd prefer to have the flags:
 - encode_number_write
 - encode_number_read
 - encode_name_write
 - encode_name_read

Do you mind updating the patch like that?

> With this patch, both readphoonebook and writephonebook work with
> Samsung B2100, although writephonebook's -o (overwrite) option seems to
> have no effect, the phone probably uses some internal find-free function

Which memory type? It if was SM the fix was added just recently.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot