Re: Timeout on send SMS

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Timeout on send SMS
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:52:54 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 05:06, Pablo Reyes <address@hidden> wrote:
> My service provider when sending sms with similar text, sending several
> seconds delay. Then gnokii return:
> "SMS Send failed (Unknown error - well Better Than Nothing!)"

Without any log it cannot be diagnosed.

> But, if I send the sms from my phone (without gnokii) the sms is sent,
> although 90 seconds later.

How do you determine that it is sent after 90 seconds? That's actually
huge delay.

> Proble is an antispam system.

Interesting. Usually operators do not do this because of:
 - performance
 - any SMS, even spam, is an income for them

> The question is, I can be specified gnokki timeout when sending an sms?

We have only serial_write_usleep in config. But I guess it affects all
the commands. And sending SMS in gnokii is a synchronous function. So
the app would be blocked for that period. Anyway, can you send out the
other SMS before the first one got sent?

take care,
--
Pawel Kot