Re: New phone needs new settings

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: New phone needs new settings
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:05:47 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Laura Conrad <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> and whatever I type it says "pairing with cornet-0" very briefly and
> then says "pairing failed" and then the computer says:

You probably don't have pass agent running on your PC. Refer to
bluez/your distro help on how to run it.

> I don't actually know of a number that's called "passcode".  I know a
> security code and a pin, and there's also something called a PIN2 that
> apparently goes with the SIM card and I don't know it.

This is a PIN code that you need to enter on PC and phone side. This
is nothing predefined -- they just need to match on both ends to
authenticate the connection.

You may also to search your phone to disable PIN authentication for
the paired device.

pkot
--
Pawel Kot