Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii

From: Stefan Sassenberg
Subject: Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:16:08 +0200

Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
Xgnokii was originally designed for the older phones for what it worked fine. New phones are very complex and I don't know what exactly is the matter of damage. If somebody can say what have doing when phone broken up, it can help
but if I remember right, xgnokii only call high level functions, never
communicate directly with phone. As you said it is the similar mystery like
communication desync in smsd.

I will try to give you more information as soon as I can. It's a matter of time but the weekend comes closer...

address@hidden ~ $ cat .gnokiirc|grep -v ^$|grep -v ^#
[global]
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model = 6610i
initlength = default
connection = dlr3p
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10
[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = on
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

address@hidden ~ $ gnokii
GNOKII Version 0.6.9

During the session I used all of the three components calendar, contacts and sms to make something like a full dump of the data stored in the phone. It all worked well so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I then tried to close xgnokii what didn't work, so I terminated it with Ctrl-C.

I'm not sure but I think the last action I did before trying to close was getting the calendar entries from the phone. But this too worked without trouble.

Stefan