Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii

From: Stefan Sassenberg
Subject: Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:52:27 +0200

Jan Derfinak wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Pawel Kot wrote:

Hi.

Jano, it seems that xgnokii has some pattern of usage that kills
certain phones (regardless of the connection type). I think that
should be reviewed carefully.

Xgnokii was originally designed for the older phones for what it worked fine.
New phones are very complex and I don't know what exactly is the matter of
damage. If somebody can say what have doing when phone broken up, it can help
but if I remember right, xgnokii only call high level functions, never
communicate directly with phone. As you said it is the similar mystery like
communication desync in smsd.

I will try to give you more information as soon as I can. It's a matter of time but the weekend comes closer...

Stefan