Re: 6230i, 0.6.11 CVS, Bluetooth

From: Richard Wallman
Subject: Re: 6230i, 0.6.11 CVS, Bluetooth
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 14:15:22 +0000

Andrej Podgoršek wrote:
> I've been loosing my mind with getting gnokii to work, so i ask for your
> help!
>
> I have debian stable with 2.6.8. kernel which connects my nokia with my
> MSI BT dongle no problem

I'm using Debian Testing (2.6.12 kernel, gnokii 0.6.8) with a Nokia 6230.
Connecting via a no-name cheap Bluetooth dongle. :D

> model: 6510

I've got

model: 6230

in my ~/.gnokiirc file, and it works.

> My .gnokiirc in /root/ directory (yes i'm running gnokiid as root) looks
> like this:
> {snip: .gnokiirc file}

My .gnokiirc file: (not running as root :) )

address@hidden:~$ more .gnokiirc | sed '/^#/d;/^$/d'
[global]
port = {snip: Bluetooth address}
model = 6230
initlength = default
connection = bluetooth
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10
[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/sbin/
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

One of the main differences I can see is that I don't explicitly set
"rfcomm_channel" - it seems to autodetect it fine.

I don't think 'use_locking' is significant for this problem.

Try commenting out your "rfcomm_channel" line.

--
Richard Wallman

                 Space...The Final Frontier : 0 bytes free.