RE: syncml over obex now finally works

From: Daniel Gollub
Subject: RE: syncml over obex now finally works
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:46:26 +0100

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 09:12 +0100, Ringwald Matthias wrote:
> In general, would it be better to use SyncML for sync purposes, if
> it is available? If so, then a sync ml client/server using gnokii
> would sound like a reasonable thing to allow for simpler sync tool
> development. Does this make any sense?

Hint:
There is also a gnokii-sync plugin for OpenSync which doesn't need
SyncML. Only based on gnokii itself. At the moment it only supports
syncing of calendar entries but contact and todo will follow soon :)
I am using gnokii-sync with my 6230 over bluetooth. But every other
connection supported by gnokii should work with gnokii-sync.

gnokii-sync can be found in the SVN repository of OpenSync:
http://www.opensync.org/browser/plugins/gnokii-sync/