Re: Question about modem enabled handsets

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Question about modem enabled handsets
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:13:40 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:10:23AM -0700, Irfan Habib wrote:
> I've been experimenting with FBUS enabled handsets
> (3310) with microcontroller, since fbus frames are
> quite large, and the memory in a microcontroller is
> very limited, thus it is inpractical to work with fbus
> enabled handsets.
>
> Thus I wanted to know if the capability of those modem
> enabled handsets is the same as fbus enabled ones. I

Most of the modern Nokia phones are supporting both FBUS and AT mode.

> mean, can u do everything thru those AT commands, as u
> can do with FBUS frames??? like makign voice calls,
> sending and recieving sms's

It depends. The FBUS command set is more powerful if you want to manage
your phonebook. If you want to just send and receive sms (no complicated
folder management, etc), AT mode is enough. I'm not sure, but I think
you cannot handle voice calls with AT commands.

Bye,
Bozo