Phonebook behaviour question

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Phonebook behaviour question
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:23:10 +0100

Heya,

As I've mentioned before, I'm adding support to gnokii for the newer
Motorola phones, and I've hit a point where I don't know how to proceed.

When saving phonebook entries, the phone can only fit one phone
number/e-mail per SIM or memory entry.
So when adding phone entries, I add the first one at the place that
gnokii or the vCard recommends. For the second one, I add it to the
first free entry on the memory.

The phone will then collapse those if necessary depending on whether a
number if the primary one or not, and using the name in the phone entry
as the key.

Now what do I do for reading phone entries?
1) Return one phonebook entry per memory entry, losing data about the
primary phone number.
2) Get the phone entry at the location, find the entries with the same
name, add those to my phonebook entry data returned to the application.
What do I do when a non-primary entry is asked for? What do I delete
when asked to empty a specific location?

Are there any other phones (with drivers) with a similar behaviour?

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>