Re: nokia_dku2 and Nokia 7610

From: BOBBY
Subject: Re: nokia_dku2 and Nokia 7610
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:32:48 +0100 (BST)

Hi Istvan,
Ok i'll tell u what specification which is used i.e.
O/S: Fedora Core 3 (2.6.9-1.667 Kernel)
Phone: Nokia 6670
Gnokii: 0.6.7 (stable version)
Cable: dku2 (original cable which comes with 6670 box)

Here are the steps:

1)Just install the Fedora,
2)Download the gnokii, untar it, compile & install it.
3)Put .gnokiirc file into ur home folder (e.g. if u r
login with root then .gnokiirc file should b in root's
home folder).
4)Shutdown the computer.
5)Attach the fone with cable and now insert dku-2
cable into USB port of the Computer and now press the
ON button of the computer.
6)When Fedora is booting the system, a kudzu utility
automatically detect ur nokia6670 Phone and ask from u
to configure it. Press Yes to configure ur nokia 6670
fone.
7) Now, apply following command i.e.
#dmesg
to see that to which port the modem/ nokia 6670 is
attached at usb port.
8) it will be somewhere at i.e. /dev/ACM0  or
/dev/ACM1
9)Now, edit .gnokiirc file and change the following 3
sections i.e.
port = /dev/ACM0 or /dev/ACM1
               #(which u found in dmesg output)
model = AT
connection = serial
10) save the file and then exit
11) now at shell write i.e.
    #gnokii --identify
12) if u show the output with ur model no. then it
means u can use gnokii but it depends that u r giving
the write port in .gnokiirc file.
I do the same above steps, my phone is working quite
well and there is no any complaint to use my fone with
gnokii.

Regards,
Naveed Anwar(Bobby)
IT Coordinator,