Re: nokia_dku2 and Nokia 7610

From: BOBBY
Subject: Re: nokia_dku2 and Nokia 7610
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:21:51 +0100 (BST)

hi,
I used dku-2 cable with nokia 6670. It works fine.
There is another way to which i used my fone with
gnokii & playsms. Hey, try to see at which port ur
fone is configure by linux. My fedora 3 automatically
detected nokia 6670 and configure it at /dev/ACM0. I
just simply write in .gnokiirc file i.e.

port = /dev/ACM0
model = AT
connection = serial

and rest of the configuration is the default or
according to ur need.
I think nokia 7610 is also an AT commands compatible
fone. So, just try out to find the port by using.
# dmesg
command and find out the usb-section and try to find
at which port ur mobile is configured.
May be above method solve ur problem, but at ur on
risk. Coz i already told u that i m using nokia 6670
and dku-2 on fedora core 3.

Ok see ya......
Bobby