Re: Request for entry-level help.

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Request for entry-level help.
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 00:24:51 +0200

Hi Cameron,

On 5/13/05, Cameron Laird <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm new to gnokii.  I'd welcome advice on where to begin.  I
> camped out for a bit on #gnokii, but received no response
> there.  I have yet to locate a tutorial or reference guide
> or other documentation on gnokii (libgnokii, ...).  My most
> immediate milestone will be to exchange data usefully using
> gnokii.exe (for business reasons, I need eventually to
> deliver my results on Windows, but I'd happily work first
> with Linux, MacOS, Solaris, ..., if that'll somehow simplify
> progress) with a Nokia 6610.  I have a USB cable from the
> Worldphone product that works correctly with Worldphone
> software.  I've poked around in the archive of the mailing
> list, without satisfaction.
>
> So:  how does a beginner begin?

By reading included documentation in the distribution tarball. There
are also useful comments in gnokiirc. There's also a manpage. There's
gnokii --help.

take care,
pkot
PS. There's not always someone active on #gnokii. We're mostly (except
Hugh) European, so also take it under consideration when choosing a
time to join the channel. It is wise to ask the question and leave the
active session for a couple of hours.
--
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/