Request for entry-level help.

From: Cameron Laird
Subject: Request for entry-level help.
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:12:47 +0000

I'm new to gnokii.  I'd welcome advice on where to begin.  I
camped out for a bit on #gnokii, but received no response
there.  I have yet to locate a tutorial or reference guide
or other documentation on gnokii (libgnokii, ...).  My most
immediate milestone will be to exchange data usefully using
gnokii.exe (for business reasons, I need eventually to
deliver my results on Windows, but I'd happily work first
with Linux, MacOS, Solaris, ..., if that'll somehow simplify
progress) with a Nokia 6610.  I have a USB cable from the
Worldphone product that works correctly with Worldphone
software.  I've poked around in the archive of the mailing
list, without satisfaction.

So:  how does a beginner begin?