Fixed: Nokia 6800

From: Chris de Vidal
Subject: Fixed: Nokia 6800
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:28:12 -0400 (EDT)

Pawel Kot said:
> Is it Nokia cable? Original cables are known to be not compatible with
Linux. See http://gate.intercaf.ru/~lesha/6100/ for more detailes.

That's what I'd been told.  Bummer, thanks for confirming that.

> Could you try nk6510 and symbian (I think 6800 is symbian based)
> drivers?

No gold.

> You may try to search the archive to find people reporting success.

That was the first thing I did :-/

Anyway, it's working now.  Should have RTFM:
http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml#newphone
That worked!  I read that FAQ before but it never ocurred to me to
_actually_try_it_.  Go figure.

Anyway, I haven't tried all features but so far, so good.  Dunno if I'll
get GPRS to work but that's another battle.

Thanks,
/dev/idal