Re: Nokia 6800

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6800
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:00:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Chris de Vidal wrote:

> On Sid, I tried with the USB cable DKU-5.  modprobe pl2303 didn't show
> ttyUSB0 in dmesg but modprobe usbserial vendor=0x421 product=0x800 did.
> However, minicom connected to /dev/ttyUSB0 didn't show anything and no AT
> commands worked.  So I gave up on the cable, thinking it was one of the
> older DKU-5 cables that didn't work (apparently the newer cables are based
> on the PL2303 chip and do work).

Is it Nokia cable? Original cables are known to be not compatible with
Linux. See http://gate.intercaf.ru/~lesha/6100/ for more detailes.

> irdadump showed my phone sending this line:
> Nokia 6800 hint=b125 [ PnP Modem Fax Telephony IrCOMM IrOBEX ]

Good. It means that connection works.

> All looked fine and dandy, so I fired up minicom and connected to
> /dev/ircomm0, but again no AT commands worked.  Bummer.

Could you try nk6510 and symbian (I think 6800 is symbian based) drivers?

> Am I missing something?  Others on this list have said this phone works
> with gnokii.

You may try to search the archive to find people reporting success.

pkot
--
mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/