RE: Couldn't open /.gnokiirc config file

From: nemir nemiria
Subject: RE: Couldn't open /.gnokiirc config file
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:14:31 +0000

I have a little problem. When i'm sending sms via self-made web-interface
sms.cgi, sms is delivered correctly to my test phone, but browser shows
"Internal server error"-page and the log-file where the output goes looks
like this:

HOME variable missing
WARNING: cannot open logfile, logs will be directed to stderr
GNOKII Version 0.6.3
Couldn't open /.gnokiirc config file,
Send succeeded!

Default apache-user is 'gnokii' (httpd.conf) and it have permissions to
all necessary files. I've also copied .gnokiirc to various places like /etc,
/home/gnokii. When I run the perl-script (which the sms.cgi is calling)
from command line by user 'gnokii', there were no errors generated in same
log file. Can someone tell me what should i do with this?

I am surprised that the default apache user should be gnokii, usually it is nobody, apache, http, www or something like that, depending on your OS.

The .gnokiirc file is definitely not where this is looking, which seems to be directly out of /.

Either this is in a chrooted apache system (such as the default web setup under OpenBSD) and it needs to be put into the root of the chroot jail, or it is actually looking for it under /. Double check what the user that is running apache actually is, and what permissions it might need to read the relevent files (logfile, gnokiirc file) and where it thinks they should be.

regards,

Nemir

½ Price FOXTEL Digital Installation On-Line Limited Offer: http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;9412514;9681905;p?http://www.foxtel.tv