Re: 6310(i) && Bluetooth

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: 6310(i) && Bluetooth
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:43:03 +0000

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 06:46, Herbert Demmel wrote
(on the gnokii mailing list):

> can anybody please tell me if the connection via Bluetooth to a 6310(i)
> already works ?

I'd be very interested in the answer to that.
I find it easy enough to "connect" to my Nokia 6310
using bluez (rfcomm + minicom  or cu)
but my phone only seems to understand completely useless AT commands,
and doesn't eg allow me to read my phonebook (with AT+CPBR)
or even to dial out with ATD...
(My phone says it is dialling the correct number,
but it doesn't recognise it from the phone book,
and it always gets a "bad number" tone.
It's as though the characters in the number
had the top bit set, or something like that.)

I should emphasize that the above was _without_ gnokii.
I didn't understand how bluetooth was meant to be used
_within_ gnokii -- it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the documentation.
Gnokii works perfectly for me with my 6310 via a cable connection.

I run gnokii with "model = 6310" in my .gnokiirc
because I don't know how to use "model = AT".
(I find the "DataCalls-QuickStart" document less than lucid.)
I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me
exactly what commands they give after "model = AT" --
rather than an essay on the subject.
(It seems to me a great pity people writing Linux documentation
don't make more use of the "script" program.)

Here for example is my bluetooth conversation with my phone:
Script started on Wed Jan  8 23:35:31 2003
address@hidden Bluetooth]$ hciconfig
hci0:   Type: USB
        BD Address: 08:00:46:21:58:29 ACL MTU: 128:8  SCO MTU: 64:8
        UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
        RX bytes:99 acl:0 sco:0 events:12 errors:0
        TX bytes:296 acl:0 sco:0 commands:12 errors:0

address@hidden Bluetooth]$ hcitool inq
Inquiring ...
        00:02:EE:10:A5:BE       clock offset: 0x60a4    class: 0x502204
address@hidden Bluetooth]$ echo $PHONE
00:02:EE:10:A5:BE
address@hidden Bluetooth]$ su
Password:
address@hidden Bluetooth]# rfcomm bind 0 $PHONE 1
address@hidden Bluetooth]# rfcomm -a
rfcomm0: 00:02:EE:10:A5:BE channel 1 clean
address@hidden Bluetooth]# minicom
Compiled on Jun 23 2002, 16:41:20.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0