Re: FBUS Protocol

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: FBUS Protocol
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:28:04 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:21:27PM -0000, Mamczur Marek wrote:
> I am sure this has been posted before... but can anyone supply the protocol,
> i.e. commands and the message syntax.
> I am programming a microcontroller to interface with an 8210.
> I want to answer an incoming data call and then be able to transmit and
> receive data.
> Also I want to be able to dial out a data call to a land line modem.
> I first thought this was possible with AT commands but soon realised it is
> not.
> I have looked though the gnokii source but cannot find the info I need (I'm
> not the greatest software engineer in the world!!)
> Any help would be much appreciated!

Try gnokiid (it's a modem emulator for older nokia phones which don't
support the AT command set) first. If it's working with your phone (it's
ok with my 6110) read the Docs/gnokii-hackers-howto and look into the
source too. It isn't so difficult as you see in the first time.

The device layer provides a communication channel between the phone and
the pc. The communication uses a binary protocol, you can find the
implementation under common/links/. Maybe the fbus protocol is what you
want. After it you can look into the phone driver (under common/phones/,
8210 uses the nk6100.c driver). You can find various information in the
Docs/protocol/ directory.

Bye,
Bozo