Re: Gnokii on Sharp Zaurus with Nokia 6150

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii on Sharp Zaurus with Nokia 6150
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:12:58 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Well, I think it would help in debugging. Anyway, I'll dig out my 6130 and
> will try to connect it to my laptop over infrared connection. Once it's
> done I'll send here my config.

Here's my setup:
address@hidden:~$ grep -v "^#" .gnokiirc
[global]
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = 6130
initlength = 1
connection = infrared
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = no

Laptop is Dell Latitude c610 with SMC IrDA device. All IrDA modules are
unloaded (2.4.20). /dev/ttyS0 is a serial device, /dev/ttyS1 is an IrDA
device. dmesg is available at http://tfuj.pl/info/dmesg (from some old
kernel but it doesn't matter).

And here's how it works
address@hidden:~/cvs/gnokii$ ./gnokii/gnokii --identify 2> /dev/null
IMEI         : 000000000000000
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : NSK-3
Revision     : SW 4.11, HW 2460

In case of incorrect port in the config I get the:

Telephone interface init failed: Function not supported by the phone
Quitting.

message. I use CVS version.

pkot