Gnokii problem with ringtones and logos

From: Filipe Almeida
Subject: Gnokii problem with ringtones and logos
Date: 05 Dec 2002 21:10:30 +0000

Hi.
I've been using gnokii to send SMSs to my PC and vice versa.
The problem is when i try to send a ringtone to my mobile via
--sendringtone command.

gnokii --sendringtone
/windowz/gnokii-0.4.3/Docs/sample/ringtone/star.rtttl 932807098
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
SMS Send failed (Command failed.)

gnokii --sendringtone
/windowz/gnokii-0.4.3/Docs/sample/ringtone/star.rtttl +351932807098
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
SMS Send failed (Command failed.)

Is there any problem? Why does it fail?

I've also tried with logos and i couldn't send most of them. But this
problem is different (problem follows)

+------------------------------------+
|            | picture | op | caller |
|------------|---------|----|--------|
|bronto.xpm  |   ok    | +  |   +    |
|gnokiiop.xpm|   %     | ok |   *    |
|gnokii.xpm  |   #     | #  |   #    |
|horse2.xpm  |   %     | %  |   *    |
|horse.xpm   |   #     | #  |   #    |
|pacman.xpm  |   %     | ok |   *    |
+------------------------------------+
ok = all went as expected
+  = send succeeded but receiver did not get any message. why?
%  = SMS Send failed (Command failed.)
#  = Could not load bitmap. why not?
*  = Receiver receives a message that says "Cannot display message
here". why?

senders were: Nokia 6210, 7110 and 3210. the results where the same
receiver in all tests was a Nokia 5510.
is it from the receiver model? is it the sender phones? is the problem
from the mobile operator?
please advise.

And last but not least: Where can i find a manual that explains all the
terms used in gnokii? (like what is a network code and what can i do
with it? what values does it assume?)

best regards to you all

--
Filipe Almeida