Identify - eliminating statics

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Identify - eliminating statics
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:57:47 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 01:47:02PM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Why would you want it in the incoming functions (I mean in this case).
> You should check for it *before* you send the request to the phone. And
> you don't need to set these fields in the incoming functions. It is enough
> that you set GSM_Data and then in come other place maybe in the caller
> from the driver (I mean NXXXX_Identify() or something) you can set the
> fields in GSM_Statemachine. I think it would be clean and wouldn't require
> too much changes. Any objections?

This should solve the Identify() problem, but won't solve the whole mess.
Look into nk6100.c and think about the following situation:

You have two 6110 phones connected to your system (in the future we are
planning multiple phone support). You get a call notification from
phone1. How can you decide which phone issued the notification message?
If the incoming function gets the state structure the answer is quite
easy (each phone have own state structure).

Modifying each incoming function isn't easy, but it's not as painful as
you think. It can be solved in some hours. The important part is to every
developer have to sync themself before and after the change (as in the
last weekend when you moved the cvs to savannah). We should do this, but
maybe after 0.4.0.

Bye,
Bozo