Re: Patch 3

From: Pavel Machek
Subject: Re: Patch 3
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:31:00 +0200

Hi!

> Hmmmm, I gave my time and prepared very easy patch (20kb of patchfile).
> It's very easy to understand - few includes, dprintf, few moved
> functions. I've also described it.
>
> I've read your request, but this patch makes one closed integral part -
> ends win32 things and makes debug usefull.

It is not integral. For example including "compat.h" in winserial.c is
completely independend to SemiOctetPack moving().

SemiOctetPack move was introducing bugs, while 7110 parts were
bugfixes intermixed with unneccessary (and wrong) formatting changes.

That's what splitting patches is about. I had to done it by hand.

                                                                        Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly.  However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa