gnobog-devel

[Gnobog-devel] Re: Gnobog ?

From: Renaud Chaillat
Subject: [Gnobog-devel] Re: Gnobog ?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:21:45 +0200

Le lun 22/09/2003 à 02:41, Karl M. Hegbloom a écrit :
> On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 16:03, Renaud Chaillat wrote:
> > Fred and I will be very interested in your feedback.
>
> Well, it seems to work, and looks like it will be a great improvement
> over the older version, once everything is implemented.

OK, it's good that the compilation process didn't bring any trouble.
Did gnobog find your bookmarks automatically ? Did it miss something ?
(there's a lot of room for improvement there but anyway your comments
will be welcome) Did you find the merged view helpful or not ?

> Synchronize?  Great!  How will that be implemented?  I wonder if you are
> aware of "multisync"?  I wonder if it's "SyncML" plugin could be hooked
> up to a "gnobog" plugin?

Well, hum, I think we count on a few things to synchronize:
- the "merge" feature in gnobog
- external programs (scp, rsync, ...) which can be triggered by gnobog
- other means and protocols (jabber ? ldap ? soap ?)
- luminous ideas ;-)

An the other way around, we might need someday to use fam to update
gnobog dynamically when bookmarks files are updated. Well, just ideas
for now...

Actually, I didn't know about multisync, so thanks a lot. It will be
interesting to look how we may interact with it someday.

Regards,
Renaud