[gNewSense-users] Panasonic TC-P50G20 vga display

From: Marc
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Panasonic TC-P50G20 vga display
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:13:54 -0700

How does one get a Panasonic TC-P50G20 (VGA port) to work as the display for
gNewSense?

Things display find from the chainloader to the gNewSense splash screen.  Then
when X11 loads...horizontal line mess...can't see the login screen.

Using another monitor,
System->Preferences->Screen Resolution

Change the resolution to 1024x768 refresh rate to 75Hz.
Apply changes and keep settings.

Then I switch to the Panasonic TC-P50G20.

This works...except that the right edge of the desktop is off the screen (the
"user name" upper panel item is hidden), the display is too wide for the screen.

However, upon loging out...the display is messed up again.

How does one customize the Screen resolution settings to fix this?

Also, from the terminal: sudo displayconfig-gtk
has this as the graphics card: VESA driver (generic)

I have a nVidia GeForce 6100 with nForce 430