Re: [gNewSense-users] yeeloong, mercurial installation error, gnewsense

From: Vladimir B. Tsarkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] yeeloong, mercurial installation error, gnewsense metad
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:31:58 +0400

Good afternoon!

> update-python-modules: error: Trying to overwrite hgext/inotify/common.py
> which is already provided by /usr/share/python-support/mercurial-common
> dpkg: error processing mercurial (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  mercurial

On my i386 computer (metad) the installation (sudo apt-get install mercurial)
goes ok.

Try to remove the inotify extension before installing mercurial.
Or look on some ways of removing the hgext/inotify/common.py file
from its place before the installation process.

I suggest to try to avoid the "overwrite activity"
of the update-python-modules program (by the way, are you
sure that you run the installation process
without the help of sudo program?).

There is also some information on the Internet.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/damnsmalllinux-42/dpkg-error-processing-libc6-configure-367893/
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mercurial/+bug/400236/comments/2

Good luck!
Vladimir