Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requirin

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiring free cultural works with software?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:48:10 +0100

Il giorno domenica 22/11/2009 01:53:01 CET
bruno gomes <address@hidden> ha scritto:

>> I like freedom in general, and in this case, I see supporting free
>> software and free cultural works as the best option for society.

> The diference is just SO BIG!!
> My opinion is the artist should put no restrictions...
> Like I did.. consequence for me was no earnings or recognicion.. even
> if the 'work' 'worked' in public, and others could profit..
> The one that call 'pirate', I call hem stupid, he's breaking the best
> publicity he can have to his work.. ok.

well

> But mixing this is dificulting the public understanding of the
> dangers of 'privat cientific knowlage'.

But this is what (unfortunately) the *laws* do...
So we should fight all freedom limitations without difference!
So figthing just for freedom in software code is not enough!
So, in my opinion, people (i.e. activists) and orgs (i.e. FSF) should
fight for all digital (and not) freedoms, not only for software...

> Most artists, and people, wil defend that 'author rights' is the way
> they are paid for their work, so it comes like a survival 'menace'
> the idea of 'free cultural work'. These people wil mix, and
> (not)think the same about free software.
>
> Mixing the 'Art work' and the 'Cientific work' in the same bag is the
> best propaganda you can have against free software.
> And the 'proprietaries' know that.

That is true. They know this and make laws about "intellectual works"
and "intellectual property" in general, mixing all...

Indeed, these copyright and patents laws are just legal tricks to
artificially introduce shortage in non-material goods, which are
unlimited, in order to threat them as if they were limited material
goods...

By this way, they want to apply private "intellectual property" to all
digital stuffs, intellectual works, science, knownoledge, ideas,
opinions, ecc... They are the "pirate" who want to stole commons goods
to people, in order to make them private and have eternal monetary
incomes from this...

So, THIS is the point: just fight copyrigh and patents, any time, any
type, any case.

> Imagine we had patents for all cooking recepys.. or vegetable growing
> tecnics.. ...

Imagine? We already have OGM and a lot more...

> What is restrictions in copy of art work compared to that??

The same! If you admit restrictions for non-material stuff like
artworks, why do not you might admit rescrictions for non-material
stuff vegetable growing tecnics? From the point of view of capitalism
they are exactly the same: just commodityes on which to make some
profits.

Best regards
al3xu5 / dotcommon

--