Fwd: Fwd: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not re

From: bruno gomes
Subject: Fwd: Fwd: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiring free cultural works with software?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 01:53:01 +0000

I have noticed that many artists put beautiful messages in their work:
freedom, unity, etc. But when people start to share with others what
these artists do, they call you a "pirate". I agree with you in that
software and art are different, but I don't see why art should have more
restrictions than free software.

I like freedom in general, and in this case, I see supporting free
software and free cultural works as the best option for society.

The diference is just SO BIG!!
My opinion is the artist should put no restrictions...
Like I did.. consequence for me was no earnings or recognicion.. even if the 'work' 'worked' in public, and others could profit..
The one that call 'pirate', I call hem stupid, he's breaking the best publicity he can have to his work.. ok.

But mixing this is dificulting the public understanding of the dangers of 'privat cientific knowlage'.

Most artists, and people, wil defend that 'author rights' is the way they are paid for their work, so it comes like a survival 'menace' the idea of 'free cultural work'. These people wil mix, and (not)think the same about free software.

Mixing the 'Art work' and the 'Cientific work' in the same bag is the best propaganda you can have against free software.
And the 'proprietaries' know that.

Imagine we had patents for all cooking recepys.. or vegetable growing tecnics.. .....

What is restrictions in copy of art work compared to that??
Anyawy I prefer a 'free' artist, so I can judje for myself if I like hem, or his work, or not. And again, we usuly call Art, and like it, wen he was free to do it his way.

Best regards.
Thank you so much all you developers.